This section is designed to alert students of job opportunities and registered apprenticeships in the region. With a wide variety of career choices available to today’s job seeker, employment may require a high school diploma and on-the-job training up to and beyond advanced degrees. Check this page often for updates as we receive them.
1-800-PitClean is interested in hiring graduating high school students who would like to learn valuable employment skills while on the job. We run a fleet of vacuum trucks and offer industrial biproduct clean-up, as well as drain cleaning services to businesses throughout Michigan and surrounding states. The company is currently in a state of growth and would love to hire ambitious, bright, individuals who are interested in any or all of the following:
- Becoming a CDL-A certified driver* who is knowledgeable in the methods of vac-truck operation
- Learning the skill of drain cleaning using a variety of modern equipment from our highly experienced team members
- Developing skills and abilities working with heavy equipment in our processing facility
*After one year of exemplary employment, interested employees may have the opportunity to have their CDL-A driver training and testing paid for by 1-800-PitClean. These eligible employees would also be paid their regular hourly wage while attending the training courses. (Employees taking part in this opportunity would be required to sign a contract stating that they would work for the company for two years upon completing training and receiving their license.)
Feldpausch Precision Services
Warehouse Associate and Test Plot Research
You’ll be part or full time of the Feldpausch Precision Services team that gets orders ready for customers. Our fast-paced, physical roles take place in a variety of areas including at least 6 different carriers, on demand orders, customer returns, and correct placement of goods. You will sometimes be selecting, packing, and shipping orders for delivery services. Spring and Fall we do some field testing on products that we sell.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive and put away inventory
- Get customer orders ready and packing them up
- Load and unload boxes into trucks from shipment
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shifts
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Troubleshoot problems
- Operate power forklift or pallet jack, equipment training is provided.
- Some out of State training
Why You’ll enjoy this Job
- Schedule options. Full-time (40 hours), reduced time (30-36 hours) or part-time (20 hours), depending on your personal needs. Entry level pay $12 Per Hour and advances with experience.
- Flexible shifts. Work when it works for you, early mornings, day, evenings, and weekends. You can even have four-day work weeks, three-day weekends.
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs.
- New skills. Depending on the role, you’ll learn to fly a UAV drone: how to operate equipment, how to assist with test plots, or how to receive and process customer returns.
- Free training. Depending on the role, we’ll teach you how to operate forklifts and a pallet Jack, and how to work with the latest farming technology.
At Feldpausch Precision Services, we are excited to learn, serve, and build relationships with growers in mid-Michigan, the area we call home. As a family-oriented business, we strive to bring our customers the best products with equally matched service. Since 2000, we have learned that no two farming operations are the same. Our goals include bringing the best technology to each grower while learning and teaching a full spectrum approach: from planting to harvest. Though we cannot control every limiting factor, we believe growers can achieve their best ROI through informed equipment and soil management practices.
Good Vibes Adult Foster Care
You Can Make a Difference in Someone's Life
We are Good Vibes Adult Foster Care, LLC. Our passion in life is to help those who need assistance when independent living is not an option. We are looking for afternoon help. This would be a great "hands on" experience for anyone wanting to try nursing or CNA programs. Hours are 4-10 and pay starts at $14/hour.
Good Vibes is owned and operated by Marci and Andy Thelen. Marci is a registered nurse with the State of Michigan and has experience in emergency and hospice nursing. Andy is a first responder/firefighter and farmer. Both feel passionate about taking care of the elderly. If you have any questions, you are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity
Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity (LEO) provides the connections, expertise and innovative solutions to drive continued business growth, build vibrant communities, create affordable housing, generate tourism and attract and retain key talent to fill Michigan’s vast pipeline of opportunities. Visit their website for information on registered apprenticeships available through LEO.
At Sundance Chevrolet, we are the region's best dealership, serving the areas of Lansing, Grand Rapids and Holt, Michigan customers. Our team enjoys training programs, a fantastic culture and opportunities for advancement, which are company-wide focuses to help you grow personally and professionally. We're interested in helping your career and adding to your resume because we know that happy employees lead to happier customers!
If you'd like to join us, please take a look at our open positions on the Careers page and apply today!
The DataCom Group, Inc. - Summer Work
The DataCom Group is looking for summer help. Prospective Candidates should contact Human Resources Representative Samantha Sperry. She can be reached: Toll Free at 888-505-DATA (3282) or Local: 517-699-5000.
Work Would Entail
- For Sure - Installation of Communications Cabling
- Possible – Installation of AV Systems, Paging/Intercom Systems, Wireless Networking, CCTV Systems, Card Access Systems
- Possibility of new employee taking this opportunity and turning it into a long term career in the Trades
- Mileage Reimbursement for travel greater than 30 miles from their home (yes - we pay people to get to work)
- If an employee would want to continue past the 90 days of summer, a full compliment of benefits would kick in. NOTE: Must be 18, HS Diploma or GED to be considered for full time employment
- 16 years old and up
- Must obtain a Work Permit if still in school and under 18 years old
- Able to work day time shift 7AM – 3PM
- Reliable transportation – able to get them within a 60 mile radius of Lansing – every day
- Good Attendance Record at School
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Not Color Blind
- Not afraid of Heights